Technical Writer / Knowledge Base Administrator (Graduate)
The successful candidate will be responsible for updating our software customer support content and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Determine the needs of end users of support documentation
• Organize and write supporting documents for products
• Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
• Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
• Standardize content across platforms and media
• Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
• Revise information as new issues arise
• Excellent grasp of the English language - fluency in technical / engineering language required.
• Professional, positive, proactive, quality-focused attitude.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Prior experience with content writing or knowledge base management a plus.
• Engineering / construction qualification / experiences is a bonus.
• Have a recognised 3rd level qualification degree not less than Level 6 on the National Vocational Qualifications Framework, or recognised equivalent; or a postgraduate degree not less than Level 9 on the National Vocational Qualifications Framework, or recognised equivalent;
• Have a valid work permit to work in Ireland (if required) for the duration of the 24 month placement
• Have been awarded that qualification within the last four years, i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018