We are currently looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to start immediately.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will play a key role in modernizing and improving EIDA’s cloud infrastructure, hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. This will involve embracing new technologies and best practices to deliver a reliable and cost-effective platform to support our applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to work independently and embrace opportunities for improvement.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will require a wide breadth of skills from a variety of areas, including systems administration, DevOps and cloud. This job is ideal for a mid-level engineer who wishes to expand their responsibilities and design their own solutions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in cloud infrastructure and operations on the Google Cloud Platform
- Design and implement scalable, reliable and cost-effective solutions
- Maintain existing cloud resources, including databases, application servers and file storage solutions
- Recommend and perform upgrades, patches and tuning to maintain security and improve platform performance
- Champion best practices for cloud infrastructure and operations
- Assist the Development team in debugging production incidents
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation regarding cloud architecture and operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in an IT-related field
- At least 2 years of experience in working with cloud systems (preferably on the Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong Linux / systems administration skills
- Good knowledge of cloud security
- The ability to independently follow and implement best practices
- Experience with scripting, infrastructure-as-code or software development
- Experience with “Infrastructure-as-Code” and tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with DevOps and creating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience migrating virtual-machines to a containerised environment – including Docker / Kubernetes experience
- Familiarity with reliability engineering and observability
- Any GCP / AWS / Azure cloud certifications
- The ability to design and implement “cloud-native” solutions
- Knowledge of development practices and experience with Java, Python or Bash
- Security knowledge and experience is always desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work remotely: Yes
CV’s to: careers @eidasolutions.com
EIDA Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.
Competitive Salary based on experience.